We have introduced changes to our studio, in line with government guidelines, to make our classes as safe as possible during the current Coronavirus situation, but at the same time keeping a welcoming and friendly environment.
Arrival, room and departure guidelines for our children’s sewing classes:
We are so pleased to be up and running again. To do this, as with school settings, we have had to make changes to how we deliver our classes at. We will do everything to make these fun and not prescriptive for the children but it would be really useful to go through the new arrangements with your child /children so they will know how it will all work at the moment and what to expect
As the children will be from different schools and parts of the area, we are reducing the group size slightly. (any changes from the government will be adopted into our planning.)
If your child/children cannot attend for Covid related reasons – they have symptoms or have been asked to isolate for example, we will rearrange their session.
- We ask you to meet us at the studio door, and we will bring the children into the studio one at a time to wash and/or sanitise hands. We will have hand sanitiser but if your child would like to bring their own that’s fine.
- There will be a one-way system so the children can then be shown to their very own work station.
- Although the requirements in schools have changed, we would ask the children to wear masks as it will be a mixed group from different schools and areas. We will have both small and larger disposable masks that the children can use, but if they have their own that’s absolutely fine.
- The doors and windows will be open for ventilation so we suggest bringing an extra warm layer of clothing for the British weather! We will light the fire if it’s chilly!!
- It would be great if any personal items brought with the children are in a bag that can be stored under the table.
- Each child will have a separate station table and these will be laid out in a more traditional classroom style in the room. The children will have all they need on their table to make their project – materials, equipment and sewing machine. This is to minimise movement around the room but still allow socialising!
- Each table will also have wipes, tissues and a place to put rubbish.
- Kim and I will both wear masks/visors. The project will be introduced and general instruction will be given, then Kim and I will move around the room to work with the children.
- Drinks and snacks will be provided as usual and these will be individually wrapped. If there are specific dietary needs please let me know.
- At the end of the sessions all equipment used will be put into its own box for cleaning and each station and other areas of the room used will be cleaned ready for the next group.
- We ask all parents and carers collecting to wait outside and once the children have washed and/or sanitised their hands again, they will be sent out to you. With our variable weather we will do this as promptly as possible!
Thank you for taking the time to go through this and we look forward to seeing you.